1376 Smythe Street
3 BR / 2 Full Bath / 1 Half Bath / 3,006 SQ FT
- There is something soothing and almost magical about gazing out upon the tall saltwater grasses of the Lowcountry marsh as the tide comes in from the beautiful Wando River. From the magnificent elevated home at 1376 Smythe Street, it is a moment you can celebrate each and every day. With double wrap-around porches perfect for enjoying pleasant coastal breezes, to the stunning interior touches, to a serene backyard living area, this spectacular island property is a treasure that dazzles and inspires.
- With lofty ten-foot ceilings, 4” white oak floors, and heavy moldings and trim, this home was designed with only the finest architectural details and sited specifically to capture the stunning views.
- Just a short walk or bike ride away is the Daniel Island School, library and Smythe Park, which is one of the community’s favorite gathering places with an 11-acre lake, meandering trails and scenic picnic areas.
- Begin your journey into grandeur at the foyer, where elegant molding and trim set the tone for the rest of the home. From here a lovely living room connects to a formal dining room with French doors opening out to the spacious porch.
- The fully equipped gourmet kitchen has it all with beautiful marble counters, stainless steel appliances including a six-burner gas stove with a warming drawer, a breakfast bar, a walk-in pantry and a wet bar.
- Just off the kitchen, a den featuring an abundance of built-in shelves for photos, books and collectibles, allows the cook to easily socialize with family and friends while preparing meals.
- From here access the wonderful screened-in porch complete with a fireplace and postcard views of the surrounding landscape. The porch opens out to a deck for grilling out.
- Take the three-stop elevator or the grand staircase to the second floor where you’ll find three bedrooms, a laundry room and flex space at the top of the stairs that could be used as a reading area or media space. Two of the bedrooms share a full bath.
- Get away from it all by retreating to the luxuriant master bedroom suite with a large walk-in closet with custom built-ins and direct access to the laundry room. Refresh and renew in the master bath where a soaking tub, glass enclosed shower, ceramic tile floors and his and her vanities topped with granite are featured.
- The ground level offers plenty of space for cars, a golf cart or even a small boat. There is also a climate controlled storage area for seasonal clothing and more.
- The stage is set for enjoying the island’s pristine natural beauty from the property’s rear outdoor living area. Imagine catching up on your favorite book, under the custom pergola, as the island’s native birds flutter by or gathering with family and friends to celebrate with a festive cookout or party.
- The property’s beautifully manicured landscaping, carefully and thoughtfully designed, features dramatic lighting and a complete irrigation system.
Curious About This Property? Let us help you learn more.
Fill out the form below to contact an agent about this
This information is deemed to be accurate but is not guaranteed. Pricing and availability is subject to
change. Use of some recreational amenities subject to membership and/or other requirements.