Celebrate the ‘Red, White & Blue’ on Daniel Island
Daniel Island’s history dates back to the pre- and post-Revolutionary War days when the island’s residents were first the lords and ladies who came from Europe to ‘populate the New World’, and then the colonial families who established the United States of America.
Fast-forward to today and Daniel Island is still celebrating America’s independence, having become one of Charleston’s most popular spots to enjoy the July 4th holiday for both island residents and Charleston locals, with a number of fantastic events, parades, concerts and more, for all ages to enjoy!
July 3rd and 4th Festivities:
Pre-Parade Palooza in the Park
Wednesday, July 3 | 2:00 – 5:00 pm | Etiwan Park
- Build Your Own Ice Cream Bar ($5.00)
- Hydro Battle: Water tag sport for all ages
- Laser Battle
- Face Painting and Glitter Tattoos
- ‘Rip n’ Dip’ Waterside
- Hot Air Water Balloon Combo Slide
- ‘Doggone Dress Up’ Station: snap pics of your ‘furry friends’
Annual Daniel Island Community Patriotic Parade
Wednesday, July 3 | 5:00 pm | Etiwan Park
Get your bikes, golf carts, strollers and wagons patriotically ‘decked out’ for this annual island favorite.
Sundown on the Wando & Fireworks
Wednesday, July 3 | 6:00 – 9:00 pm | Children’s Park by the Wando River
- Daniel Island Cub Scout Pack 519 presents the ‘American Flag Collection’ project
- “Salute to Our Heroes” Patriotic Concert by the Charleston Community Band
- Karoline Rhett, National Anthem Performer and Vocalist
- The Mighty Kicks
- Fireworks over the water
4th of July Poolside Celebration & Cookout
Thursday, July 4 | 11 am – 2:00 pm | Pierce Park Pool & Pavilion
- Daniel Island Grill food and beverages
- Water balloon tosses
- Piggy-back races
- Coin tosses
- Cardboard Regatta Race
- Poolside music by DJ Doctor
4th of July Charleston Harbor Fireworks Cruise
Thursday, July 4 | 7:30 – 10:30 pm | Children’s Park, Charleston Harbor
- Adult boat cruise and fireworks in the harbor
- $35 ticket includes cruise, hors d’oeuvres, and non-alcoholic beverages, though a cash bar will be on board.
For more information, contact Barbara McLaughlin at firstname.lastname@example.org.